Hello stranger. My name is Ivan Radic. I picked up photography about ten years ago. After discovering my father’s old Nikon in the basement, I switched over to film and enjoyed it a lot, for a while.
In the beginning I tried most of the established photographic genres, not knowing what I’d like to do in the future. In the end I decided that street photography is what I’d like to do. I kept doing it for about five years, until I finished my studies in Vienna.
After I moved to Belgrade, I quickly discovered that street photography and a full time job don’t go well together. Thus I turned to less time consuming genres of photography, which are also far less luck, or shall I say “being in the right place at the right time” based. Now I mostly shoot macro, animals (cats and dogs mostly) and portraits from time to time.
I’ve also switched to digital entirely, because life is too short to be spending it in a dark room or sitting for hours in front of a PC scanning film. I’ve decided to sell all my analogue gear, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
My current gear:
- Nikon 1 V1, 1 Nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6, 1 Nikkor 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 and 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8
- Olympus OM-D E-M10, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f/1.8 and Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
- Ricoh GR Digital III
- Accessories: Marumi DHG200, Raynox DCR-250, Meike MK320, FOTGA automatic extension tubes for M4/3, B+W ND 3.0 1000X
I also adapt and use a lot of legacy lenses:
- 50mm f/1.4 CCTV C-mount lens
- 25mm f/1.4 CCTV C-mount lens
- Helios lenses: 44-2, 44-3, 44M, 44M-4
- Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/50 (two different versions)
- Rodenstock Rogonar 1:2.8 50mm
- Industar-50 3.5/50
In short this blog is about photography with mirrorless cameras and my photographic journey. I like to write about relevant photo news as well as share my experience and review gear after prolonged usage. You can read all my reviews in the review section of the blog.
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
If you like, you can follow me on the following social media platforms: